Re: Another pre-release ...

Paul Drain wrote:

Some minor niggles have been fixed since 2.8.0.2, as well as a few
package upgrades -- interested testers might want to file bug reports
against this version :)

Also, a few of the dependencies have been modified to stop the build
from going insane if you just run 'make install' from garnome/ [1]

ftp://cipherfunk.org/pub/random_cruft/garnome-2.8.0.3.tar.bz2

Very nice.

I just compiled the complete desktop part without any problems. It also seems to run out of the box. Some info about my setup. I had garnome 2.8.0 installed. Deleted the old garnome bin and work directories and started the new garnome 2.8.0.3 build. (My base system is fedora core 2 with updates)

The only thing that didn´t work was epiphany. But that is ok as it needs mozilla which is a huge beast. It would of course be nice if we could get a special mozilla release from the mozilla folks that only includes gecko and whatever else is needed by epiphany. Or epiphany could be moved to a separate directory that automatically includes mozilla. So you still can start with dektop only but won´t get an error for epiphany. This would be nice for garnome beginners as they perhaps think it is their fault that epiphany does not work.

Thanks for the great work.

greets

Christian Schneider

http://www.liquid-reality.de