Re: Garnome 2.8.0 build fails in libecal

<raavi02 ant uni-bremen de> wrote:

> ohookins optusnet com au wrote:
>
> >Another problem! I'm getting the following
> >compilation error (debian 3.0, gcc 2.95.4
> >20011002 (Debian prerelease)).

<snip>

> >e-cal.c: In function `e_cal_get_alarms_in_range':
> >e-cal.c:3135: parse error before `*'

<snip>

> >I noticed someone else had the same problem under
> >NetBSD, but I couldn't find any more info on it,
> >nor bugs on bugzilla:
>
>http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bugs/2004/10/03/0001.html
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Oliver
> >

> It is compiler dependency error you can delcare
the variables outside
> the function and define it later inside, some
compilers does not allow
> declare and define at the same place.
>
> Hope, this will work.

I found the problem. Line 3134 in e-cal.c has an
extra semicolon. I'd submit a patch but I have no
idea how. removing the extra semicolon has fixed
the compilation problem with that particular part
of garnome.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Oliver