Re: script tot start up Garnome 2.8

----- Original Message -----
From: Albert DE WINT <adwint pandora be>
Date: Saturday, October 2, 2004 6:14 pm
Subject: script tot start up Garnome 2.8

> Hi,
>
> I compiled garnome 2.8 under Suse 9.1.  Right now I'm running KDE
> 3.2. I
> can't start up garnome using the example script on the garnome site.
>
> First I happened to install garnome under /.  That didn't work. So I
> copied the garnome directory and all of its files to my personel
> accountunder /home/albert/garnome/.
>
> What can I do to get garnome running.
>
> Albert

Hello,

My garnome 2.8 build on SuSE is very much a work in progress.  However, I can get it started.  I copy /usr/X11R6/bin/gnome to a new name (gn2801).

I copy /opt/gnome/share/xsessions/gnome to the same new name and modify file contents to reflect the new name.  This allows garnome (gn2801 in my case) to be selected from SuSE's gdm.

Take care,

cwight