Re: No icons on the desktop

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 05:02, Glenn Mason wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I still haven't got any icons on the desktop ... I've got the following
> in garnome-session (exec'd from ~/.xsession):
> #!/bin/sh
> GARNOME=$HOME/garnome
> PATH=$GARNOME/bin:$PATH
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GARNOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> PYTHONPATH=$GARNOME/lib/python2.2/site-packages
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$GARNOME/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig
> XDG_DATA_DIRS=$GARNOME/share
> #XDG_DATA_HOME=$XDG_DATA_DIRS
> GDK_USE_XFT=1
> LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
> export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH PYTHONPATH PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> export GDK_USE_XFT LD_ASSUME_KERNEL XDG_DATA_DIRS
> exec $GARNOME/bin/gnome-session
>
> If I echo $XDG_DATA_DIRS I get:
> /home/monkeyhead/garnome/share
>
> I've installed both shared-mime-info and hicolor-icon-theme from
> bootstrap, then make clean; make install in desktop/nautilus.
>
> If I look in ~/garnome/shared/icons none of the subdirectories have any
> files in them (no images, no svgs, nothing) -- should they?  I also
> downloaded a new icon theme from art.gnome.org and tried to install it,
> to no avail.

Well, looks like something went seriously wrong. You should have lots of
image files in the subdirectories. I have lots of png's.

When you installed hicolor-icon-theme did you happen to see where
"install" copied stuff to? Try running it again and watch to see where
the images are installed.

Was desktop/gnome-icon-theme and desktop/gnome-theme built and
installed?

Bob

Bob Kashani
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~bobk/garnome