Re: gnome-session segfault because of metacity

--On Monday, May 03, 2004 5:41 PM -0700 Richard Blumel <revslowmo earthlink net> wrote:

Ive been working with this problem for a while. I have run metacity on
its own to get this strace but I don't know what is going wrong.
fc-list show that the vera fonts are install and also the free vera
fonts are installed. I do not know why. I think the fonts are the
reason for the problem but I don't know why. If anyone could it help
it would be great. Here is the strace .

I have Red Hat 7.3, and if I include the system font directories, anything using the font libraries segfaults. If I hand-edit the font config file to just use the garnome and X11 font dirs, all is well.

--
Carson