sawfish replacement functions

Ok, sawfish (even version 1.3) seems to be acting funky.

I'm having problems with it messing with gnome-panel, my top panel keeps
disappearing or reappearing but not at the top of the screen, maybe 1/2
inch down or so..

Anyway, so i tried Openbox that comes in garnome/geektools
Altho, I cant figure out how to change the theme when I right click on
the title bar and choose decorate, the title bar goes away.

The main thing that I'm still missing is sawfish's ability to launch
custom commands via keyboard shortcuts... Is there any way to do this
outside of the WindowManager??

Thanks...
--
Anthony R. Mattke <tonhe adelphia net>