Re: garnome success now what

> OK paranoid install worked after I installed a few devel packages. Now
> how do I get Menus? gnome-panel is running and I can see it but I can't
> create any launchers and don't see a menu.
> BTW installing on FC1
> Thank you.

I'm going to assume squat.

You'll need to create a file somewhere with the initialization scripts
for garnome.  My file is as follows: '~/bin/garnome-session' and I've
attached it.  You'll need to edit it according to your set up, but in
reality this means you'll need to change the GARNOME= entry at that top
to the path for garnome.

Once this is done, create (or edit) ~/.xsession (again mine's attached)
and make sure that it's got the right permissions ('chmod
755 .xsession')

Now, you'll need to make sure that /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/XSession
exists.  If not, you'll need to add this (as root).  Copy the GNOME file
to Xsession and then edit it so that the path is:

	exec /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession

Now, restart X and then select the xsession option from the Session menu
for GDM and you should be on your way.

Rodd

GARNOME=$HOME/gnome-2.5.92

PATH=$GARNOME/bin:$PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GARNOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
PYTHONPATH=$GARNOME/lib/python2.2/site-packages
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$GARNOME/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig
GDK_USE_XFT=1
XDG_DATA_DIRS=$GARNOME/share

export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH PYTHONPATH PKG_CONFIG_PATH GDK_USE_XFT XDG_DATA_DIRS

exec $GARNOME/bin/gnome-session