Re: Gnomemeeting

> > Here's my gnomemeeting Makefiles:
> >
> > http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~bobk/garnome/gnomemeeting-1.0-fix.tar.bz2
> >
> > The tarball includes 3 Makefiles: gnomemeeting, pwlib, and openh323.
> >
> > Jeff and others, can you try it out and tell me what you think.
>
> Thanks Bob, trying it out now. Will see if I can sort out a workaround to
> the pwlib softlinking in the openh323 garball. ;-)

A simple (but not necessarily ideal) alternative to softlinking is to build
both pwlib and openh323 using the same garball.  My experience has been
that it's easiest to have the full pwlib build tree still available when
building openh323 to make sure that openh323 finds all the files it needs
(at least previous versions of openh323 had problems with this if pwlib was
installed into a nonstandard location, especially if another [older]
version of pwlib was also installed on the system [for example, from
packages provided by the distribution]).

The attached garball for pwlib and openh323 is an updated version of the
one I posted on the list back in August
<http://mail.gnome.org/archives/garnome-list/2003-August/msg00158.html>.
I've been able to build GnomeMeeting 1.00 with it on Debian GNU/Linux
(i686/testing) (also this solution requires adding the
--with-pwlib-dir=$(prefix) and --with-openh323-dir=$(prefix) parameters
to CONFIGURE_ARGS in the GnomeMeeting Makefile).

--
Heikki Tauriainen
GARNAME = openh323

PWLIB = pwlib
PWLIBVERSION = 1.6.3

DISTFILES = $(GARNAME)-$(GARVERSION).tar.gz $(PWLIB)-$(PWLIBVERSION).tar.gz
MASTER_SITES = http://www.gnomemeeting.org/admin/downloads/latest/sources/sources/

DESCRIPTION = openh323

CONFIGURE_SCRIPTS = $(WORKDIR)/$(PWLIB)/configure $(WORKDIR)/$(GARNAME)/configure
BUILD_SCRIPTS = $(WORKDIR)/$(PWLIB)/Makefile $(WORKDIR)/$(GARNAME)/Makefile
INSTALL_SCRIPTS = $(WORKDIR)/$(PWLIB)/Makefile $(WORKDIR)/$(GARNAME)/Makefile

CONFIGURE_ARGS = --prefix=$(prefix) --enable-plugins
BUILD_ARGS = optshared

include ../category.mk