garnome, gnome 2.5.90

Hi All,
I read about the gnome 2.5.90 release and wanted to test it.  I went to the
gnome 2.5 start here web page and then to the garnome site where I downloaded
garnome 0.30.1.

First problem was an intltoolize error.  I have the intltool-0.27.2-1 package
installed on my Fedora Core 1 system.  I found some info about this problem on
the mailing list and also in a bugzilla report.  I tried the "cd platform/ make
install" approach, the scripts or instruction page should be updated.

Next problem was that garnome 0.30.1 wants to build Gnome 2.5.5 and not the
latest Gnome 2.5.90, even though I downloaded the tarballs and set GARCHIVEDIR.

Will there be an updated version of garnome soon?  What's the best way to test
the latest gnome without wrecking my existing setup?

Thanks,
Maurice