Re: paranoid error

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 23:17 +0100, Christian Machmeier wrote:

> Hy everbody!
>
> I'm a absolute novice user of gnome (for three days now) and i'm
> currently running a stock GNOME installation (version 2.2 shipping with
> SuSE 8.2). Two days ago I discovered Garnome, which I think is a very
> cool and sexy project. Anyway, I downloaded the tarball, did the
> configuration as specified on the website
> <http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/garnome/> and tried to solve all
> dependencies in advance. If that actually succeeded, I wouldn't swear
> it, but I did my best, AFAIK. So when I try to run make the following..[snip]

Hello there Christian,

Glad to see you're taking the plunge with GARNOME. I first installed it
about three weeks ago, and have been using it ever since.

The problem you mention has been come up on the list at least once in
the list in the past four weeks (see http://mail.gnome.org/archives/
garnome-list/2004-February/msg00167.html for instance). Anyway, the
solution is to go the platform/intltool directory and make install from
there. This will install intltool for GARNOME (is there a reason why the
existing intoolize can't be used?),  and then you should be able to
continue GARNOME building from there.

Welcome to the family :)

 - darren