compiling gnome2 projects in a garnome session

Hi,
**MY QUESTIONS ARE**:
 * does someone have a shell script, that allows (once runned) to compile a
project (using classical automake, autoconf...etc) using the garnome libraries /
tools.
 * Why autoconf is not in garnome/bin/ ?

**Context**:
I've just spent the weekend getting and compiling garnome 0.27.1.
It works fine. Thanks...
I now have a working gnome2 session for my test user.

I tried to create a new gnome2 project using glade (c++), but when I compile it,
i get the following error:
FATAL ERROR: Autoconf version 2.53 or higher is required for this script

The explanation is simple: the autoconf that comes with garnome (version 2.57)
is not in the path!

An other solution would be to hake the garnome build scripts to add my project.
I am not sure this is a good idea...

The script would have been easy if all the tools where in garnome/bin/ ?!

Thanks.