Re: Just a question...

"Thomas Hansen" <thansen terra com br> writes:

> I´m just curious: is it safe to install garnome on /usr? I mean,
> obviously it will destroy the (if any) previously installed gnome
> distribution, but what I want to know is if it´s going to compromise
> my system. Did anyone here ever made it? Does it work ok?

It's safe as in "Garnome would probably run" or "There's same chance
that it will run fine as if it was put someplace else."

Other than that, you're probably going to suffer lot of subtle
breakages, because you're going to replace lot of libraries that are
perhaps used by other, non-Gnome apps and libraries as well (things
which might depend on glib, libxml2, etc.).

So, if you plan to have a nice system, it's wiser that you
"uninstall" your current Gnome, and install Garnome in a separate
place.  Unless you're building system from scratch, when you're free
to do as you please, of course :)

Of course, take all of this with a BOWL of salt :)

Cheers,
Danilo