Re: thanks for all the help

Dear Thomas,

The upgrade was pain free except for a bit of compiling all wen't fine. The complex configuration problem is still there, but I'm leaving the server as is.

Best regards,

Stef

Thomas Hansen wrote:

Stef,

I'm having the same issues with XFree. I'm working on installing the latest development snapshot to see if that solves the issue. I'll keep you posted.

Are you REALLY sure you want to do that? I mean, I installed it and
got so many problems that I decided to downgrade to 4.3 again.

About this freezing problem at the end of the session, itīs not
exactly a novelty: I had got the same problem with XFree 4.2 ang Gnome
2.0. Not sure why it happens, I used to thing it was a gdm issue (ok,
blame on me, I was wrong...)

Thomas