Evolution 1.4 and 1.5 issues

Hi,

I have some trouble getting Evolution to work for me, as I need SSL to
be able to send messages:

Evolution 1.5 compiles fine and runs, but I didn't manage to get SSL
support working (I tried --enable-openssl=yes and it seems to find the
SSL includes at compile time, but I can't enable SSL once Evo is
running).

Evolution 1.4 (shipped with Debian) doesn't seem to work when running
Garnome (I get a message like "Cannot access the Ximian Evolution
shell"). So I'm currently running TWM and Evo 1.4 to be able to send
Garnome session?

Help is appreciated - TWM is a real pain :)
Stefan