Re: gnome-session script help fedora

I think his primary problem is that English not his native language and
he needs a =step-by-step= description of what to do.

Maybe a test environment is not for him.

That being said, I am running a GARNOME compiled gnome-session by
adding:

1.  a new *.desktop file in /etc/Xll/dm/Sessions that points to a
startup script in ~/garnome/bin/

2. this starup script is this:

#!/bin/sh
GARNOME=/opt/gnome-2.5.1   #path where you have installed GARNOME

PATH=$GARNOME/bin:$PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GARNOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
PYTHONPATH=$GARNOME/lib/python2.2/site-packages
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$GARNOME/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig
GDK_USE_XFT=1
CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome

export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH PYTHONPATH PKG_CONFIG_PATH GDK_USE_XFT
CVSROOT

exec $GARNOME/bin/gnome-session

And when presented by the gdm login screen, i just choose the session
represented by the new *.desktop file.

HTH