Weird warnings with 0.29.1

I have been using garnome for a while to track the progress of gnome, and I must say that it has been great.  Thanks for the work to make installing gnome so easy.

Today I got 0.29.1 to test and am getting some very different configure warnings than I usually get.  I downloaded the new tar.bz2 file, unzipped it , changed main_prefix to point to /opt/gnome-2.5.2, moved to garnome-0.29.1/desktop and used make paranoid-install.  It properly fetched each of the packages down to libart_lgpl which is the first it tried to configure and I got the following warnings from configure.

 ==> Running configure in work/main.d/libart_lgpl-2.3.16
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: invalid host type: /bin
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: invalid host type: /sbin
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: invalid host type: /libexec
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: invalid host type: /share
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: invalid host type: /etc
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: invalid host type: /share
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: invalid host type: /var
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: invalid host type: /lib
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: invalid host type: /info
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: invalid host type: /share/emacs/site-lisp
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: invalid host type: /include
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: invalid host type: /man
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: invalid host type: /share/gtk-doc/html

It looks like the install paths are not properly being translated into configure arguments, but this has always worked before.  I can provide any other information that might be useful if somebody could help me figure this out.