Re: Using Garnome with a web proxy

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 10:59:29AM +1100, Henry Gao ubs com wrote:
> I try to us garnome with a proxy server. I've searched back messages archive and found one talking about proxy setting, but it does not work for me:( I tried following
> 1. make http_proxy=http://<myUserName>:<myPasswd>@webproxy:8080
> Connecting to webproxy:8080... connected!
> Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 504 Gateway Timeout
> 10:42:41 ERROR 504: Gateway Timeout.
> 2. add "export http_proxy=http://<myUserName>:<myPasswd>@webproxy:8080" in gar.conf.mk,
> get the same result
> 3. make http_proxy=http://webproxy:8080 proxy_user=<myUserName> proxy_pass=<myPasswd>
> still get same result as 1

It'd probably just be easier to leave these out of the garnome config
completely, and set them in your ~/.wgetrc.  If you get wget working all
by itself, then it will work with garnome.  See the wget man page for
more info.

--
GPG public key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9D5B8762