Re: Compile Error - libiconv

Bob Kashani wrote:

He didn't say to remove the line. :-)

He said to remove the comment "#" from that line. You need to have the
--libiconv=GNU in the Makefile or else it won't pass the option.

Bob

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 19:32, adam wrote:
Mario Vukelic wrote:

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 17:52 +0100, Ron Smits wrote:

Oh I hate this one. I have no idea what slackware did here. You get this
when you install any other kind of iconv besides the iconv that
slackware installed. I found a way around it once, but it was so ugly I
would not dare mentioning it here apart from the fact that a find for
all things iconv was involved followed by some rm commands.
Hm, why do you install another iconv in the first place, if you have one
already? It's only in bootstrap. There was a thread just a couple of
days ago. It has nothing to do with Slack I think. I have it on Debian. Either don't install bootstrap/iconv, or in platform /glib/Makefile remove the # from --libiconv=GNU

i removed that line, but still same error, any other suggestions?
thats what i get for trying to do this late at night after working 2 jobs :( thanks that did the trick ;P its always something simple i suppose