Re: who stole the spinner

I have the same symptoms (problem) as the op concerning the beeps during browsing sessions (using epiphany). Plus i seem to have lost my scrollbars (whithin epiphany, other apps are fine) when running as an ordinary user. As root though i can see them. Perhaps it has something to do with the ordinary user not being able to run mozilla. Running from a teminal it says:
Break: at file mozJSComponentLoader.cpp, line 404

At the moment i do not know whether this is an rights issue or that it has something to do with the gnome-settings of the ordinary user.

Rolf Deenen, running an LFS 5.0 system