Re: glib + iconv = ?

<quote who="The Robber of Zork">

> Taking 0.30 out for a test drive! I built the bootstrap dir, including
> libiconv, and then moved on to desktop/. At glib this pops up:

You shouldn't build the bootstrap stuff unless you're on a wacky platform. I
imagine you're building on a GNUey/Linuxey distro of some type?

> gconvert.c:47:2: #error GNU libiconv not in use but included iconv.h is from libiconv

To get around this, either:

  a) delete iconv.h from your GARNOME prefix (unless you actually need
  libiconv), or...

  b) ensure your system includes path is before your GARNOME includes path
  (usually not a good idea), or...

  c) turn on libiconv use in glib, and make clean; make install (only worth
  doing if you're on non-GNUey/Linuxey systems)

    Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so cold of
                       heart as never to express it.