Re: configure: error: Library requirements (glib-2.0

> #rpm -qa | grep ORB
> ORBit2-2.6.0-2
> ORBit-0.5.17-7
> ORBit-devel-0.5.17-7
> ORBit2-devel-2.6.0-2

I suppose you are mixing stable and unstable versions of GNOME! I have
Mandrake 9.1 with ORBit2 in version 2.6.0, so this is stable release.
But you are trying to compile Garnome's GNOME, which uses DEVELOPMENT
(i.e. unstable) versions of software, so ORBit 2.6.0 is too old for it.

You should find the correct version in the Garnome tree, gnome/ORBit2
directory.

Are you compiling this by hand or in garnome system? The Garnome's
dependency system should take care of this.

Anyway, the message from configure clearly says, the program needs 2.9.0
and that you have 2.6.0. And I add, 2.9.0 is possibly unstable.

Good luck,
VIX
--
  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.