Re: Icons not found

Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
I have two problems to list...

1. Too many icons are missing even though they are found in the appropriate directory.

No use, even after I delete .gconf* and .gnome*, having the same result.

You must have installed shared-mime-info and hicolor-icon-them from http://freedesktop.org/Software/
You must set XDG_DATA_DIRS=$garnome/share
May be you must have gnome-desktop, gnome-session actualized.

If that doesn't work, try

gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders > $PREFIX/etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders

2. After, I log in  and I try to loggout the system come to halt.

I dont have this problem.

This problem is known, and fixed in the newer versions of the gnome-panel. Try getting it and upgrading.

(Yes, I also have this problem, know the fix 'cause I saw it in gnome-announce)

Julio Biason <slow cscience org>
ICQ: 10476303    Jabber: slow jabber12 com