Re: Make clean in bootstrap/ should not clean source tarball

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 11:05 +0100, Vincent Rubiolo wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm re-building Mozilla thanks to Bob libart CVS archive and noticed sth
> strange; it seems that 'make clean' in bootstrap/mozilla also cleans the source
> tarball as it is redownloaded.
>
> Am I doing sth wrong here or is this exepected behaviour ? This is quite painful
> to have to redownload the archive (mozilla source here) everytime ...

Nope, that's actually the intended behaviour.

The best thing to do, should you want to save the archives that you
download is to run a 'make garchive' in bootstrap/ -- after uncommenting
the GARCHIVEDIR reference in your gar.conf.mk file (and obviously,
making sure the directory you've specified exists, and has the correct
permissions :))

Regards,

Paul