Another .desktop related problem in 2.6?

Hello all,

I've just noticed another '.desktop' problem.

In my $GARNOME/bin/garnome-session I have:

GDK_USE_XFT=1
XDG_DATA_DIRS=$GARNOME/share
XDG_DATA_HOME=$GARNOME/share
export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH MANPATH PYTHONPATH PKG_CONFIG_PATH GDK_USE_XFT
XDG_DATA_DIRS XDG_DATA_HOME
exec ...

The .desktop files on desktop are interpreted ok.

The files in Nautilus are interpreted ok.

When I try to change background from Desktop -> right click -> Change
background -> choose file -> click on DESKTOP icon in the window, I see
e.g."New login with GDM.desktop" filename.

What am I missing? The variables are set in the garnome-session script, but
when I look in shell:

[vix hudson ~]$ set |grep XDG
XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/local/garnome/share
[vix hudson ~]$

So, the XDG_DATA_HOME is not exported although it should.
I'd prefer the garnome-session sets all the variables, and not user's scripts
in his/her homedir. Is this even possible?

A couple of weeks ago, when I switched from 2.4 -> 2.6, I'have missed the
XDG_DATA_DIRS and the .desktop files were just everywhere. After modifying the
garnome-session to include the XDG_DATA_DIRS, everything worked like a charm.
Untill today, when I wanted to set another background pic ;-)

I'm almost sure, I'm missing something...

Regards,
VIX
--

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.