Damn font libs

I reinstalled freetype libs 1 and two (with prefix=/usr), and now I can't compile garnome!
At some point it goes:
In file included from ftxopen.c:18:
ftxopen.h:32:1: warning: "EXPORT_DEF" redefined
In file included from ftxopen.h:26,
                 from ftxopen.c:18:
/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h:40:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from ftxopen.c:18:
ftxopen.h:49: syntax error before "FT_UShort"
:) And so on... and becouse types are not defined errors appear. And I'm really confused! It can find the headers of freetype but doesn't use them or what?? Also my usual gnome 2.4 now doen't display font's...
other wm work ok, but maybe it's becouse of some other lib...
Can anyone give me a tip what to do from now on? How to make it go? Becouse I have the headers, libs, and sources,
but can't mix them correctly...
Thanx