Re: how best specify lib and include paths for garnome ?

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 10:49:09AM -0400, Carson Gaspar wrote:

> --On Monday, September 29, 2003 7:44 AM -0700 Jerry Talkington
> <jtalkington users sourceforge net> wrote:
>
> >In gar.conf.mk, add
> >
> >-I/usr/local/samba/include
> >
> >to the CPPFLAGS line, and
> >
> >-L/usr/local/samba/lib
> >
> >to the LDFLAGS line, and both to the CFLAGS line.
>
> I noticed this in the existing gar.conf.mk file. Why on earth are you
> putting linker arguments in CFLAGS?! Is the software sufficiently broken
> that it doesn't honor LDFLAGS?

Not all of the software that is compiled by garnome adds it in the
Makefiles, and there is no harm in putting it in the CFLAGS (at least
not with any compilers that I'm aware of, but I mostly use gcc.)

--
GPG public key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9D5B8762