Re: Problems compiling Gnome 2.4 with GARGNOME 0.27.1: failed to build libIDL

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 00:06, Holly Bostick wrote:
> Hello,
> I was searching this problem on the Web, and found this post in the
> list. Unfortunately as a new subscriber, I have no way to quote the
> Because a previous answer suggested that the poster didn't have flex, I
> have included the output which proves that I at least do-- so what else
> could be at issue here? I have installed all of the dependencies listed
> on the website afaik (with exceptions such as libjpeg-dev now being
> libjpeg62-dev, but I then installed libjpeg62-dev and hoped for the best).

No idea about your build problem but...

> I suppose I could just wait for the .deb, but I really really want 2.4
> *now* :-).... please help.

If you "just" want to build it to use it (as opposed to doing for
testing) you can use the unofficial debs.

Add to sources.list:

  deb http://apt.bxlug.be/ gnome2.4-sid/

There may be various issues with them, look here for the details:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-gtk-gnome/2003/debian-gtk-gnome-200309/msg00228.html

Cheers,
Jens