Re: Problems compiling Nautilus-media: don't know where to find gstream-libs 0,7

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 05:25:09PM +0200, Giustiniano wrote:
> I've used the gstreamer 0.6 downloaded by garnome, I've configured,
> compiled and installed it with no problem, and the same I did with
> gst-plugins.
> This is what che configure script says about nautilus media: it's not
> the entire script output, I've included the lines where the error occur:
>
> ng for pkg-config... yes
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for   gstreamer-0.7 >= 0.6.1 gstreamer-libs-0.7 >= 0.6.1...
> Package gstreamer-0.7 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-0.7.pc'
> No package 'gstreamer-0.7' found
> checking for     gstreamer-0.6 >= 0.6.1 gstreamer-libs-0.6 >= 0.6.1...
> Package gstreamer-libs-0.6 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-libs-0.6.pc'
> No package 'gstreamer-libs-0.6' found
> configure: error: you need gstreamer development packages installed !
>
> Any idea of wher I can find the missing pieces?

I think you have all the pieces, just not where nautilus-media expects
to find them :). I would try setting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable
to (path_where_you_install_garnome)/lib/pkgconfig and try again -
you can check to see if there's a gstreamer-0.6.pc file there
first, but there should be.

	Thanks,

	John A.