Re: Debian Sid/Unstable Prerequisites

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 01:02, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Kevin C. Krinke">
>
> > The following is a complete list of packages needed to compile everything
> > under "garnome-0.27.0/gnome". If I've missed anything, please let me know
> > :)
>
> Elite, thanks!
>

> > xutils

> What did you need xutils for, out of interest? [ The list on the GARNOME
> site notes which garball requires each dependency - this is handy stuff...
> Though not sure if you wrote this down or remember it. ;-) ]

duh, I know I should have written them all down too but at the time I
didn't think of it. :(

Although, looking at dpkg -L xutils I can see nothing that jogs the
memory so it may not be needed after all. I paid closer attention to the
libXXX-dev requirements.

> > libgnome-desktop-dev
>
> What did you need this for?

This one I'm not sure of at all (but I know it was either a conscious
decision or due to another deb-depends).

> One thing you missed that is fairly important for anyone doing video with
> GStreamer is libhermes-dev -> if you don't have that, you get the 'no
> colorspace plugin' errors. :-)

I didn't know that, but I must point out that Debian has no
libhermes-dev and instead it's hermes1-dev. ;-)

> Thanks very much for this!
>
> - Jeff

My pleasure.

--
Kevin C. Krinke <kckrinke opendoorsoftware com>
Open Door Software Inc.