Re: compile error on gnome-vfs-extras with libsmbclient

Hi Joseph,

When you installed samba, I'm guessing you installed from source.

You'll need to pass configure the command-line option

--with-libsmbclient

By default, libsmbclient.a(so) and the .h file are not build.

Also, starting back where the error happened, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. You can cd to .../gnome/gnome-vfs-extras and to a make clean install to start that one over again.

Mike

Joseph Phillips wrote:
 Thanks I'll try that.

Is there any way I can just start back where the error happened?  Or do I
have to scratch and restart from the beginning?

Thanks.