Re: Clueless newbie wants help.

Dear Bill,

If you wan't to skip epiphany you will have to edit the makefile in meta/gnome-desktop before you start the build process. Just remove the gnome/epihany reference and you should be fine.

Cheers

Stef

Bill White wrote:

Hi.  I am trying to build gnome using garnome.0.27.1.  I get to
the build of epiphany, and it fails looking for the package
mozilla-gtkmozembed.  I am using a fairly stock Debian Woody
installation.

There is a note someplace in the gnome mailing list archive
that says I have to build mozilla with a special patch found in
the galeon cvs repository.  Is this right?  Do I have to build
all of mozilla to build Gnome?  Can I somehow eliminate epiphany
instead of trying to rebuild mozilla.  The last time I tried to
build Mozilla from scratch I broke make and had to install several
different versions of automake and autoconf.  I really don't
look forward to doing this.