Re: Re-post: Docbook error

lhoffner directedmotion com wrote:

Nobody seems to have responded and I know at least one other person has
asked the same question, so....

I'm getting the 'could not locate docbookx.dtd for DocBook
XML' error when I do make install. When I do locate docbookx.dtd, it shows
up in
/usr/share/apps/ksgmltools/docbook/xml-dtd-4.1.2

I added
export PATH=/usr/share/apps/ksgmltools/docbook/xml-dtd-4.1.2:$PATH to my
.bashrc file and I still keep getting this message.

What can I do? Thanks!

I encountered this problem a while back (hacking.0.19.0) and tracked the problem down to the script ~/hacking.0.19.0/gnome/scrollkeeper/files/buildDocBookCatalog (attachment). I added the commands setting and using the variable "DOCDIR" which got me past this particular road block. Hope this helps.