Re: basic garnome install

>Hi all,
>
>I have been watching this list pretty closely.
>I am running redhat 2.1 Advanced server, and need to install gnome 2.2 on
it.
>Is there a fairly stable build of garnome I could use for this. I don't
need all the bells and whistles, just a basic gnome install so I can add
gnopernicus to it.

>I have tried 0.23.1, -0.24.1 and 0.24.2, but haven't gotten very far with
them.

Get garnome-0.23.0, edit meta/gnome-desktop/Makefile and remove all
unnessesary thnigs like gnome-games (don't think you will need it on Adv.
Server ;-) ), bug-buddy (not really recomended by if it's "stable" version
then you will rather don't need it), acme, ggv. You can also try to remove
gnome-media but I don't remember if there is any dependency for it, so be
carefull. And so you can get a "very-basic" gnome 2.2.1 install.

Greetings - T.K.