Re: 0.24.2 Error compiling control-center

Kris Luyten <kris luyten luc ac be> writes:

>>I am using gcc 2.95.3
> --------------
> static void
> append_xresources (GString *string, GError **error)
> {
> 	const char* home_path;
> [statements..]
> 	char *xresources = g_build_filename (home_path, USER_X_RESOURCES,
> NULL);

> [parse error]

> (In C, your variables should be declared at the top of the function.)

To be exact, only at the start of a block (after the "{").  I had the
same problem 3 or 4 times.  I'm using

| hcz hczim:~$ gcc --version
| 2.95.4

Separating variable definition (moved to the block's start) and
assignment (remains where it was) as you described worked for me, I'm
running the whole thing fot the third day now.

Greetings,

 Heike