Success!

Hello all,

I just wanted to report that I am currently using a Garnome-0.24.2-
compiled system, complete with floating panels (which appear to still
take up the whole top of my screen; which is vaguely irritating) and
all that stuff.

I'm using Debian Testing.

The things I had to do to get Garnome to compile cleanly were:

o Change CC to be CC = gcc-3.2 in gar.conf.mk
o Install xlib6-altdev and make the symlink as suggested by Heike
  C. Zimmerer in his May 10th Message.

After that, it all compiled properly, and appears (on very very brief
perusal) to work fine.

Thanks!
Eric
**
Eric Moncrieff                                    eric mantis styx org

1. Creativity and innovation always builds on the past.
2. The past always tries to control the creativity that builds on it.
2. Free societies enable the future by limiting the power of the past.
4. Ours is less and less a free society.
                                  - Lawrence Lessig
**
                This space intentionally left blank.