About the gaim garball

I've been using garnome since before Gnome 2.0 came out (I think 0.8.x
or something), it's always worked well. Jeff must have done a lot of
work on it, so thanks :-)

Since the last release (or the one before that?) gaim 0.61 is included
in garnome. Personally I don't see why it is needed. With the regular
release schedule back to 2 weeks, garnome will almost always shipping an
outdated gaim. And unlike most other app/lib that comes with garnome,
gaim always ships a binary anyways, so building gaim from source is,
most of the time, not necessary.

Also, I am not sure what kind of policy (or the lack of) garnome uses to
category apps. I know that gaim developers have been very resistant to
gaim being called a "gnome app", so maybe if Jeff decides to keep gaim
in garnome, misc/ would be a better place for it?

Thanks,
- Ka-Hing

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows
what they are. -- Somerset Maugham