Re: Garnome-0.23.1 and Accessibility

I've been pushing for this of late, and some big steps have happened
that mean that it will be in the next version.  The biggest sticking
point was that gok and gnopernicus weren't available as tarballs and
this has been resolved.

I'm wanting to show people the a11y stuff but so far building it's been
tricky.  Having it in garnome will dramatically simplify it making it
easier to test and to show others.

It's looking good for most of the a11y software to be in gnome-2.4

Rodd

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 13:34, John J. Boyer wrote:
> Rodd,
>
> i looked through garneme/gnome, and although I saw some new stuff i didn't
> see gnome-mag. I sure hope the accessibility stuff is included in the next
> release. I have an Open Source project that is more or less on hold until
> I can handle the GUI.
>
> John
>  On 9 May 2003, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
>
> > I'm pretty sure that gnome-mag is in.  You might need to compile it as
> > follows:
> >
> > cd <garnome>/gnome/gnome-mag
> > make install
> >
> > gnopernicus will be in the next garnome for sure (you'll still probably
> > have to compile it afterward, although it might be nice if Jeff supplied
> > a metaball for gnome-a11y (hint hint).  I'm pretty sure gnome-speech
> > will be included too.
> >

> > Rodd
> >

> > On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 12:22, John J. Boyer wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I thought that Gnopernicus, Gnome-speech and gnome-mag were to be in the
> > > next release of garnome. I have just downloaded garnome-0.23.1, and I
> > > don't see them. What happened/
> > >
> > > John
> > >

> > > --
> > > Computers to Help People, Inc.
> > > http://www.chpi.org
> > > 825 East Johnson; Madison, WI 53703
> >

> --
> Computers to Help People, Inc.
> http://www.chpi.org
> 825 East Johnson; Madison, WI 53703
--
Lest we forget...

"They disembarked in 45,
 And no one spoke and no one smiled,
 There were too many spaces in the line.
 And Gathered at the cenotaph,
 All agreed with hand on heart,
 To sheath the sacrificial knives.

"But now...
 She stands upon Southampton Dock
 With her handkerchief, and her summer frock
 That clings to her wet body in the rain.
 In quiet desperation
 Knuckles white upon the slippery reins,
 She bravely waves the boys goodbye again"

			-- Southampton Dock, by Pink Floyd