Garnome HowTo

Hello,

I think that Garnome could benefit from a general howto. Below is what I
would write, based on my experience so far.
---------------------

2. Set up a new user for testing Garnome. In this howto, the new user will
be called xxx.

2. Login as xxx and download the Garnome tarball (URL goes here).

3. unpack the tarball with
tar xfj garnome-vvv.tar.bz2

4. Type cd garnome-vvv-meta

5. type ls to see what the meta directory contains. This will tell you
what packages are available.

6. Type cd gnome-desktop. Then type make install . This will install the
gnome desktop, which contains most of the packages that you will need to
begin using gnome. The process will download many tarballs, so  a
broad-band connection is recommended. It will take several hours to run
all the compiles.

7. There should be a startup script in a separate file. Right now, it is
in the README file. You can copy it and put it in /home/xxx . Some
modification may be necessary.

8. load .pash-profile into a text editor and modify the path so that it
points to /home/xxx/garnome/bin . Save the file, logout and then log back
in.
9. Now type ./start-gnome . Good luck! I haven't gotten this far yet,
because I need to install gnopernicus with braille output.

F is for feedback, not flames.

John

--
Computers to Help People, Inc.