Re: Building Garnome Without KDE

On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 20:49, John J. Boyer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how do i build Garnome without KDE? I will be testing the braille output
> from Gnopernicus. So I don't want to spend the time building KDE, since it
> is inaccessible and i will never use it.
>
> Thanks,
> John
>

> --
> Computers to Help People, Inc.
> http://www.chpi.org
> 825 East Johnson; Madison, WI 53703

Hi,

 The normal method to build garnome, is to run make from within the meta
garballs ( in the 'meta' dir, eg: ~/garnome-0.23.1/meta/ ).  Using this
method, you can simply avoid the kde dir.  If the meta dirs don't
include what you need, you can pick and choose from the rest under the
gnome directory afterwards.

 Personally, I build the entire thing, as to not miss out on new tricks
- simply "rm -r kde meta/kde" (eg, remove any trace of kde from the
build tree) should do the trick here.  (A quick grep shows nothing
remaining that depends on anything under the kde dir)

Hope this helps, and good luck - even as a bystander, I'm proud of the
emphasis the Gnome guys are putting on accessibility.

Shaun.
(who never quite understood why kde features in garnome to start with)