gdk-pixbuf.loaders missing?

hello,
I have just built garnome-0.22 under debian woody.
The only problem i have encountered is during the build of gtk+. There was an
error about saying that $HOME/garnome/etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders was not
present.
I have "touched" the missing file, and after that the build has continued
smoothly. A quick look in the build directory of gdk-pixbuf give me the generated gdk-pixbuf.loaders, that i have copied in the right place.
Now, when i launch my xserver, i only have a small window in the top-left
corner, with an error sign and an ok button, with no further message.
What can i do to get rid of this problem, or to eventually get more useful
errors messages?
Thanks in advance for your help.
-ben
--
GnuPG Public Key: http://frontiernet.net/~bfremon/key.txt
Mieux vaut une utopie qui marche qu'une realite qui plante.