install 0.22 on Suse 7.3 question

	Sorry to trouble you with this but I could not find
a solution in the archives or through www.google.
I'm trying to figure out what package I may be missing that's
causing the make install of 0.22.0 meta/Desktop to fail after
four lines like this:
undefined reference to 'XextAddDisplay'
undefined reference to 'XextFindDisplay'
undefined reference to 'XextRemoveDisplay'
undefined reference to 'XMissingExtension'
	I've tried with little success to use Suse's Yast
to search to see if the required libraries are installed.  I'm
guessing these relate to Xrender but Yast doesn't even
recoginze Xrender and loading all the X11 libraries had
no impact.  TIA
jcp