Re: make install

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 16:52, Simon Wong wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 22:29, Ernesto Jardim wrote:
> > At the moment if I do a "make install" nothing happens.
> >
> > ernesto gandalf:~/tmp/garnome-0.21.2/meta/gnome-desktop> make install
> > [===== NOW BUILDING:    gnome-desktop-1 =====]
> >         [fetch] complete for gnome-desktop.
> >         [checksum] complete for gnome-desktop.
> >         [extract] complete for gnome-desktop.
> >         [patch] complete for gnome-desktop.
> >         [configure] complete for gnome-desktop.
> >         [build] complete for gnome-desktop.
> >         [install] complete for gnome-desktop.
>
> This should do it...
>
> Are the files NOT there?
>
> Do you have the correct prefix set in gar.conf.mk?

I don't see why this should work. Inside each garchive (or whatever you
call it), there's a cookie directory, which in turn contains information
about which "stages" this garchive has been through. If you want to just
do a make install in a "meta garchive", you will need to first remove
all the cookie information for install first.

- Ka-Hing

The courtroom was pregnant (pun intended) with anxious silence as the
judge solemnly considered his verdict in the paternity suit before him.
Suddenly, he reached into the folds of his robes, drew out a cigar and
ceremoniously handed it to the defendant. "Congratulations!" declaimed
the jurist. "You have just become a father!"