Trouble Starting Gnome

hello,

Well, I finally got most of garnome compiled, despite missing libraries
and my hard drive filling upo several times. However, now when I Start
Gnome with startx and my .xinitrc file I get a bunch of error messages.
The most important one seems to be "Thread System not yet initialized,
Abnorting ..." If I wait for a while it will start gnopernicus, as
specified in my gnome1/session.manual file. Gnopernicus has trouble
hooking up with my braille device, but that's a diferent story. What could
be causing the errors on startup?

Thanks,
John

--