problems with fonts

Hi,

i've just installed the new version of garnome and when i try to execute any
application, included the gnome desktop, i get a fonts error. For example:

alex toshinuxii:~/garnome/bin$ ./yelp

(yelp:880): Gtk-WARNING **: Whoever translated default:LTR did so wrongly.

No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
library is not correctly configured. You may need to
edit the fonts.conf configuration file. More information
about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3) manual
page and on http://fontconfig.org
alex toshinuxii:~/garnome/bin$

I have absolutely no idea of where is my problem. ¿What can i do? ¿Should i
install the package in fontconfig.org? ¿where can i get information on how to
resolve this problem? In advance, thanks a lot.