Re: Help! I fsck'd my garnome installation

Jon Biddell wrote:
Forgive me if this has already been covered, but I have nackered my Garnome
setup as well.

I originally downloaded the .tar./gz source files, then jdub suggested I use
Garnome which, as you all know, is built on the .bz2 format.

So I re-compressed the .gz as .bz2, and I'm still getting errors...

Jon,

You don't say what the errors are, but I have a suspicion that the checksums on the files
you downloaded in gz format, and re-bzip2'd don't match what's in the checksums
file in each software directory.  You can regenerate the checksums manually by
removing the entry for the tar.bz2 file in checksums and then running
md5sum download/<file.bz2> >> checksums.

That may or may not fix your problem.

Ben

Did I do wrong ?

Tony Blair phones George Bush, and asks "What
proof do you have that Iraq has weapons of
mass destruction?" and Bush replies "We kept
the receipts."