Re: Solution for fc-list locking up during build

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 16:58, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
>    For anyone having trouble with their build when its building the font
> cache, I think I may have a solution that doesn't involve patching anything.
>    In your source directory, edit misc/freetype/Makefile. Change the
> freetype version from 2.1.3 to 2.1.4rc1. When it downloads this new
> file, it will barf because the checksums don't match. Go back into this
> directory and run 'md5sum freetype-2.1.4rc1.tar.bz2 >> checksums'. Then
> run 'make install' from where you left off.
>    This fixed the problem for me. It took about 5 seconds to build the
> font cache, where it got stuck in an infinite loop before. My build
> hasn't finished quite yet, but it got farther than it did before.

This worked for me too.  I downloaded the newer version of freetype2 and
recompiled the libraries.  Everything is still working.

For anybody out there who used my patch, I suggest that they follow
Andrew's procedure and recompile freetype2.  Using an official release
condidate is definitely better than using a custom patch.

--
Weiqi Gao
weiqigao networkusa net