Garnome 0.21.2 on Slackware 8: Mozilla and gstreamer

Ok, here are a few things I came across building Garnome 0.21.2 on a heavily modified Slackware 8.0 system.

Gstreamer doesn't respect the "--disable-gtk-docs" (or whatever) configure switch if it finds gtkdoc-* scripts in the path (I didn't check which one, because there are several). If there's a version mismatch, it fails (Slackware 8.0 has the version 0.6 in /usr/bin/gtkdoc-*).

The solutions (which both worked for me) are to either remove the offending scripts from PATH, or install a newer gtkdoc via GARNOME (or any other means).

Mozilla did not want to start compiling because WORKSRC directory was listed as work/mozilla in misc/mozilla/Makefile, and the archive was extracted to work/main.d/mozilla (I didn't change anything in gar.conf.mk except for GARCHIVEDIR, and default prefix for installation).

Simply changing WORKSRC to correct path worked for me.

I see others have built Mozilla without problems, so I'm not quite sure how come I experienced this problem. Since everything is working flawlessly now, I'm not going to try to look into it, but here's a report for anyone who comes at the same, and doesn't know what to do.

Regards,
Danilo