Re: gcc include path question/problem with garnome-0.20.0

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 11:33:52AM -0700, Elijah P Newren wrote:
> Is there an easy way to change the include path for gcc to not look at
> /usr/local/include?  (I've asked the sysadmin a couple things about the
> /usr/local/... path and even asked to get rid of it as it has caused
> many problems, most of which I've found ways to work around--but he
> seems very against any change to /usr/local/...)

Is installing gcc into your home dir an option? If so, you can utilise the
gcc configure switch "--with-local-prefix=" to good effect. If you go to:-

http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html

you'll read this paragraph:-

"The same value can be used for both --with-local-prefix and --prefix
provided it is not /usr. This can be used to avoid the default search of
/usr/local/include."

Not really on topic for garnome :)

Greg