Elprototypo feedback ...

Jeff, everyone,

Items found so far with elprototypo (On Mandrake 8.2)

- post-extract issue already disucssed previously by Jeff/Matt Rose

- Compile error in gok (Reported in previous garnome releases) - this is
fixed in the later 0.9.4 version - but that is broken in other ways
which someone has already posted - I ended up just patching 0.9.3 by
hand ...

- I had to install the following from bootstrap/
--- xft
--- xrender
--- fontconfig
--- pkgconfig
--- freetype
--- mozilla
--- audiofile
--- esound

- I had to add --enable-nss=no --enable-ssl=no to get evolution to
compile (1.5.1, not 1.5 shipped in Jeff's garball - although I think
that has the same problem?)

- Segfault on running gst-register-0.7 during install of gst-plugins.
Remove lib/gstreamer/libgstffmpeg.* to get it to continue [Not sure what
problems this brings yet!]

- gucharmap won't compile with gcc 2.96, simple path submitted to
bugzilla to fix

- Need libid3tag to build rhythmbox - after installing I still had to
manually create a .pc file since there doesn't seem to be one in the
tarball ...

- gaim required --enable-nss=no --enable-ssl=no to compile [It looks
like I may have a b0rked install of ssl/nss lying around somewhere?]

That's all so far - still building, and haven't tried running it all yet

Lee
--
Lee Willis                                lee leewillis co uk