From: Chris Hill
To: ''garnome-list gnome org' '
Sent: 8/25/03 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: Using garnome with different user

Ignore him, he didn't get his vitamin C today or something. But it's
pretty unorthodox to compile and run stuff as root. I'd steer away from
it. Also, you could be a bit more descriptive beyond 'it doesn't work'
with what's wrong. Did X die? Did you get any .xsession-errors? How
exactly are you attempting to launch garnome? Perhaps X isn't finding
the garnome-session script that is no longer in the correct $HOME
directory?

I'm able to run garnome under different users, and I'm doing so by:
hardcoding the $HOME path in the garnome-session script to the location
of garnome(in my case /home/tron/garnome).
And as root I created a Garnome script in /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions , made
it executable by all, and point it to garnome-session:

su root
cd /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions
vi Garnome
--------Garnome begin ----------

#!/bin/sh
exec /home/tron/bin/garnome-session

chmod a+x Garnome

In the graphical login there should now be a new option of Garnome, and
it should be available to all users(including root).
I'm running a RH8 machine, Garnome-0.25.1.

Good luck,
Chris